7.16.2011

Legit Campers

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE camping. The mountains are my favorite place in the whole world to be so naturally camping is one of my favorite things to do. Well this weekend we had a legit camping trip :)
I say legit because we parked the car and hiked up a big ol' mountain and pitched a tent in the middle of the wilderness. Soooo much fun! When I say we, I mean Me, Bo, Melinda, and Nate. Nate knew about a cool place up at Brighton ski resort so we all agreed to take the trek up. At first, we were a little apprehensive when we saw how much snow was still up there. I cannot believe there can be that much snow in the month of July... crazy! But we had a blast. It was a beautiful hike and it ended at this little lake that was incredibly gorgeous! It was seriously one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.
We found a little spot to camp and while the boys set up the tent, Melinda and I went firewood hunting. Let me just say that we are dang good at finding firewood. We could have definitely survived back in the mountain man days. The guys did a great job of starting the fire and then we made s'mores and roasted starbursts. Although we joked a lot about bears, we didn't see any, or anything scary for that matter while we were there. We did see a cool moose on our drive up there though!
When it was time to go to bed we all got in the tent and laid down when Bo decided that we definitely needed to switch our heads to a different side of the tent cause it was slanted. Well, it turns out that the side we had to turn our heads to was the short side of the tent. So we all slept in a pretty small space, especially considering that we are four grown adults. But since it was cold we decided that it might be a good idea to sleep close haha. Oh geez this was a hilarious idea. For one thing, Bo really needs his space when he sleeps, so he had a couple little claustrophobic moments during the night and we all tossed and turned quite a bit. It was pretty funny.
 But morning came and we were up and at it pretty early. Our hike down was just as beautiful as the hike up. I really can't wait to go back to that same place again someday. Thanks for a great weekend guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment