7.05.2011

Independence Day!!!

Since the 4th of July is Bo's 2nd favorite holiday (a very close second behind only Christmas) we had to make sure that this past weekend was a great one.
It all started when Bo won tickets to the Stadium of Fire on sports radio. The story is actually pretty hilarious. So Bo ALWAYS listens to sports radio. And last week he called in to win Stadium of Fire tickets. He was one of the first two callers, so he and the other caller had a trivia war to win the tickets. Well since Bo is a sports fanatic, he naturally won the contest, therefore winning the tickets. However the funny part of the story is that Bo was embarrassed when he was one of the first two callers (he would never want his friends, who also listen to sports radio, thinking he was calling in to win tickets to the Stadium of Fire where David Archuletta would be performing) so on live radio he said that his name was Jo. Hahahaha... Then when he won the contest and had to talk to the radio dude off the air, he had to verify his name, so Bo said "oh you must have heard me wrong, my name is actually Bo". Oh I love my husband. And I'm soooo glad he called in and won us tickets!!! Thanks "Jo".
Well it turns out that the Stadium of Fire was AWESOME! David Archuletta opened for Brad Paisley who is always incredible. The fireworks after the concert were some of the best I've ever seen. Overall, it was a great night and it was all made possible because my cute husband called in and won tickets :)

The 4th was a lot of fun too. Both Bo and I woke up very early to start the day off right. I went and ran in the West Point 5k while Bo went golfing with my Dad and brother. The 5k was a blast. I actually ran very well with a time of 21.25. I finished first place in my age group and 2nd place in the women's overall. That dang girl that finished in front of me really ruined my day! Haha just kidding it was fun and I felt really good about my time.
After our morning activities we went and spent some time at the West Point park. How funny was that! Since both Bo and I grew up in West Point it was very interesting to go back together and see a lot of random people and kind of reminisce about our past memories in that park. Neither of us really enjoy that scene so we didn't spend much time there. We got starving and decided to eat at Costa Vida... great choice! It was delicious and I tried my first cinnamon tortilla and OH MY GOSH I seriously cannot wait for the day that I have another one of those heavenly things.
When we left Costa Vida we headed for Barnes Park for 3-on-3 sand volleyball with my fam. Me, Bo, and Kins vs. Dad, Ty, and Mitch. Needless to say we won the best out of 5 contest in only 4 games. Wow it was a blast though. We are always competitive no matter what we do so you can imagine that our tournament got a little heated. Especially when the 3 boys were losing to there 2 sisters and brother in law.
Then it was off the Bees game for me and Bo. Good choice for a 4th of July activity. We really had so much fun. It was so funny though because by the 9th inning everyone was so ready for the fireworks. Going into the inning, we were winning 10-2. Well our closing pitcher wasn't so hot and gave up a grand slam and 6 runs total. So the game got to 10-8 and everyone was going crazy wanting the game to get over. It was pretty funny. Luckily we finally got three outs and ended the game before it had to go into extra innings. The fireworks afterward were pretty good. We were exhausted when we got home, we had a very long day but it was so much fun! Love you Bo! Hope your 4th of July was all you dreamed of and more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment